NEW ORLEANS – The Greater New Orleans Athletic Foundation announced the new members of its board of directors. Community leaders representing various industries in the greater New Orleans area are nominated by a current council member and approved by the council.
New Member Details:
- Margo Dubos is a proud New Orleans native and supports her community by serving on the board of many organizations in the city. Dubos is also a former editor of Gambit, the weekly news, arts and entertainment magazine.
- Tandra LeMay is the Director of State Government Affairs for Verizon in Louisiana. LeMay joins the board with more than 25 years of experience in a variety of industries, including sports, oil and gas, and education. LeMay previously worked for the National Football League, BP America and Fletcher Technical Community College.
- Samir Mowad is senior vice president and general manager of Harrah’s New Orleans. A native of New Orleans, Mowad has 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry and has served on the boards of various organizations throughout his professional career.
- David Mueller joins the Sports Foundation Board of Trustees with nearly 15 years of experience in marketing and brand management. A graduate of the University of New Orleans, he was named Director of Corporate Sponsorships at Ochsner Health in 2019.
- Greg Mula is a Financial Advisor for Eustis Group Merrill Lynch. A graduate of Samford University, Mula sits on the board of the Sports Foundation with over three years of financial experience.
- Michael Napolitano is a physiotherapist at the Baudry Therapy Center. Napolitano received his Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Human Movement from Louisiana State University and his Associate’s degree in Physical Therapy from Our Lady of the Lake College in Baton Rouge. He also supports Team Fox NOLA, a community fundraising program of the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- Michael Sawaya is the president of the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. With 43 years of experience in the hospitality industry, he is also a member of the board of directors of the Greater New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, was selected in 2018 as one of the people of the year by Biz Magazine and chosen as one of City Business Magazine’s Power 25 in tourism. and hospitality in 2021.
The Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation governed by a board of directors, which oversees and advises on the business affairs and various activities of the foundation. The Board of Directors is made up of community leaders, industry experts and supporters of the foundation’s mission.