After a body accident in Mississippi, the law allows victims to file a claim against the negligent party who caused the incident. The majority of accidents are due to human error. Sometimes more than one party is responsible for causing an accident. Determining who is responsible for causing an accident is essential to any personal injury claim.
If you live in Mississippi, you can have your case reviewed by Jackson’s personal injury attorney at German law firm PLLC. Bob Germany is a Jackson personal injury lawyer who has over 40 years of experience in resolving various accident situations to determine liability, fight to protect the rights of victims and help obtain maximum compensation.
How to determine fault after an accident?
In the state of Mississippi, if you had no fault or fault for an ongoing accident, you may still be able to recover compensation for your damages. The amount of financial compensation you can get will depend on how much fault you are determined to have. The following factors can be used to determine which parties are responsible for an accident and to what extent:
- How the accident happened will be critical in determining fault. For example, if you were crossing an intersection where you had a green light, but were hit by another driver who ran their red light, then the other driver would be at fault. Now if you turn as the signal turns red and another party flies through their red light which also turns red and you crash, it’s possible that you and the other driver share some fault.
- If a commercial truck hits you, depending on the circumstances, the trucking company may be responsible for paying your damages. Other times the truck may have been loaded incorrectly, so if a truck loses control and hits you, the freight company could be at fault. If the truck driver is drunk and hits you, he could be at fault. Even still, there may be a situation where a combination of these parties may be responsible for paying your damages.
- If you enter a property and there are hazards, whether the owner is aware of them or not, and you were hurt therefore, the landlord may be liable for your damages.
- If you buy a product and use it the way it was intended to be used but it malfunctions and harms you, here too many parties may be at fault. The manufacturer of the product, the store where you purchased the product, or both could face legal repercussions.
- Harm that occurs after medical treatment is obtained may be the fault of the medical provider, the hospital or facility, or a pharmaceutical company.
Speak to a Jackson Injury Lawyer Today
Determining fault in a personal injury case is not always a simple task. When you work with a lawyer who has experience with personal injury accidents, you can rest assured that the correct parties will be held liable for the damages they have caused. After a personal accident in Mississippi, call Jackson’s personal injury attorney at German law firm PLLC to schedule a free consultation at (601) 487-0555.